NIRF Management Ranking 2022 has been released on July 15, 2022 by the Minister of HRD Shri Dharmendra Pradhan. The ranking reflects no change in top three places of B-schools. Like last year, IIM Ahmedabad has retained its top position followed by IIM Bangalore which is again placed as number two, while IIM Calcutta is again ranked #3. This year the Management Ranking is released for 125 top B-schools instead of 100 management institutes last year.
5 Big Trends in NIRF Management Ranking 2022.
There are many ups and downs as well as surprises in the NIRF Rankings 2022-Management. MBAUniverse.com presents the key trends and analysis of NIRF Rankings 2022
1. Consistent Rise of IIT Delhi
The ranking position of Department of Management Studies at IIT Delhi is consistently going upwards. It has gone up by 4 places in two years from #8 to #4 leaving the older and well established IIMs behind
2. Few PGDM B-Schools in Top 100
The MHRD NIRF Management Ranking 2022 reflects that is only 1 PGDM college in top 10 B-schools and only 2 PGDM colleges in top 20 B-schools. Another fact is that fewer PGDM colleges could find place in top 100 B-schools in the Ranking 2022.
3. Three R’s: Fastest Rising IIMs
Second generation IIMs, that started operation in 2010-11, are among the fastest rising IIMs in the NIRF Rankings, that too at the cost of IITs. IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak have gone up many places and have replaced IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur in their elevation process. IIM Kashipur has also gone up by 10 places from last year.
4. IIT Madras Moves ahead of IIT Bombay
One of the top IIT B-schools, SJMSoM-IIT Bombay is trailing behind the Department of Management-IIT Madras which has gained 3 places in NIRF Rankings 2022 from last year.
5. Private Universities Offering MBA: Getting Upper Hand
Many private universities like Amity, Lovely Professional University and others where placement is way behind the Government University MBA colleges are ranked high in NIRF Ranking 2022.
Top Gainers in NIRF Management Ranking 2022
- DMS IIT Delhi has gone up at # 4 this year, from the 5th place last year
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai has moved up by 3 places to capture #9 this year from 12th position last year
- IIT Madras moves up by 3 places at 10th position this year from 13th place last year
- IIM Raipur moves up at 14th position from 15th last year
- Symbiosis Institute of Management, Pune has moved up at #17 this year from 20th position last year
- Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi has jumped upwards by 6 places to capture 15th position this year from 21st place last year
- IIM Rohtak is another top gainer and has gone up by 12 places at 16th position this year from 28th position last year
- IIM Jammu which was in rank band of 76-100 last year, has moved up at 36th Position in NIRF Ranking 2022
- IIM Kashipur has moved up by 10 places at 23rd position this year, from 33rd place last year
Top Drops in NIRF Management Ranking 2022
- IIM Udaipur which was at 18th position last year slides down to 22nd Place
- MDI Gurgaon has lost 2 places and has slided down to 13th place this year from 11th place last year
- SPJIMR Mumbai has also lost 2 places and has slided down to 21st position this year from 19th place last year
- IIT Kharagpur goes down to 12th position this year from 9th place last year
- IIT Roorkee has lost 5 places and slides to # 19 this year from #14 last year
- IIT Kanpur slides down by 4 places and is positioned at # 20 this year from #16 last year
- NMIMS Mumbai loses 3 places and slides down to 25th position this year from 22nd place last year
- TAPMI Manipal has lost 6 places and slides down to 38th position this year from 32nd place last year
New Entrants in NIRF Management Ranking 2022
There were 25 B-schools, including two IIMs which were ranked for the first time in NIRF Ranking, many of them were ranked among top 75 management institutes of India. Some of the prominent B-schools with their respective ranking positions are
- IIM Visakhapatnam: Ranked # 33
- MICA Ahmedabad: Ranked # 42
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon: Ranked # 52
- IIM Bodh Gaya: Ranked #73
NIRF Management Ranking 2022: Top 20 B-schools
While the ranking positions of top 3 B-schools remain the same as last year, there are many changes in the list of top 20 B-schools in India as many IIMs, IITs, and PGDM colleges have gained or lost their positions as compared to last year’s rankings. MBAUniverse.com presents below the list of the top 20 Management institutes in NIRF Rankings 2022.
|College Name||Position in NIRF Ranking 2022||Position in NIRF Ranking 2021||Position in NIRF Ranking 2020||Gain/Loss|
|Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad||1||1||1||0|
|Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||2||2||2||0|
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||3||3||3||0|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||4||5||8||1|
|Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||5||4||6||-1|
|Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||6||7||4||1|
|Indian Institute of Management Indore||7||6||7||-1|
|Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)||8||8||9||0|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||9||12||12||3|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras||10||13||14||3|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||11||10||11||-1|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||12||9||5||-3|
|Management Development Institute, Gurugram||13||11||10||-2|
|Indian Institute of Management Raipur||14||15||19||1|
|Indian Institute of Management Ranchi||15||21||20||6|
|Indian Institute of Management Rohtak||16||28||21||12|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||17||20||22||3|
|Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli||18||17||15||-1|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||19||14||12||-5|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||20||16||16||-4|
10. MBA in Entrepreneurship & Family Business Management
MBA Specialization in Family Business Management offers the opportunity to the students to further expand and strengthen their family business and also to venture into entrepreneurship with innovative ideas after getting proper grooming and skills on completion of their MBA Family Business and Entrepreneurship Program.
While all 2-year Full-Time Regular MBA programs offer this specialization in second year of their program, there are a few top Institutes offering Specialized MBA in this area.
If you pursue General MBA in IIMs or other top B-schools, you can choose your specialization in the end of first year but if you are taking admission in the specialized MBA program, you choose your specialization on the day one of the first year as you cannot change your specialized MBA program. So, before entering the MBA program, you should give a thought to the idea whether you wish to choose your specialization after one year of study or want to pursue MBA in the pre-decided specialized area without leaving scope for change.